Each month Chemistry.com features top notch dating experts and writers to share their opinions on matters of the heart. Today in honor of Saint Valentine’s Day, we asked Cupid’s Pulse to play celebrity matchmaker.
By Ché Blackwood for CupidsPulse.com
Valentine’s Day is almost here, and everyone is scrambling to find a date. Unfortunately, other than sweaty palms and flushed cheeks, there hasn’t been a very scientific way to prove you’re in the right relationship – until now. A recent study found that when two people are in love, their hearts’ magnetic fields synchronize, causing the couples’ chests to actually beat in unison. While we don’t have any stethoscopes on hand, we like to think we know who is right for each other, and who isn’t. Forget the Hollywood couples that are, we’re talking about the It-List duos that ought to be. With a little matchmaking, we’re confident the following stars would be synchronizing their magnetic fields in no time.
- Dr. Condoleezza Rice and Bill Maher: A romance between the super blue Bill Maher and the fire engine red Dr. Condoleezza Rice would prove once and for all that opposites do attract. While our imaginations might be in overdrive, we believe a blushing Maher fawning over the dolled up Rice would prove that it’s possible to put personal differences aside for the sake of love.
- Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone: No onscreen couple of 2011 oozed more adorable chemistry than Ryan and Emma in Crazy Stupid Love. With his chiseled looks and her spunky attitude, we think they’d be crazy stupid not to give it a shot.
- Katy Perry and Kris Humphries: No one understands the heart of a divorcee more than another divorcee, which is why we think these two need to meet up for an emergency happy hour stat. Failed marriages aside, Kris and Katy both grew up in religious families, have been painted as the bad guy in all-too-public break-ups and neither believes one should have to sacrifice true beliefs for love. With fresh perspectives guiding them through the New Year, plus the added perk of pleasing their conservative parents, we’re convinced a relationship between these two K’s would be a slam dunk.
RELATED: Five Reasons Why Opposites Attract
- Marisa Tomei and Bradley Cooper: We’ve been adoringly watching Marisa and Bradley climb the Hollywood ladder for years, cheering as they made their way from television to the silver screen. With successful careers, great reputations and laid back personalities, the only thing they’re missing is each other. Tomei and Cooper, having both been in serious past relationships, are now wise enough to successfully navigate the ups and downs of a new relationship. Plus, Marisa is ten years Cooper’s senior, meaning this adorable couple would finally prove that when it’s right, age doesn’t matter.
- James Franco and Olivia Wilde: Franco and Wilde have note-worthy careers and are both sensationally beautiful; fine. We accept that. But, what about brains? James has attended NYU, Columbia, and the University of Houston where he is currently pursuing is doctorate in literature and creative writing. Wilde was raised by successful journalists and comes from a long line of academia. She attended Georgetown Day School, Phillips Academy and the Gaiety School of Acting. She’s also a board member of Artists for Peace and Justice and the ACLU of Southern California. Impressive! Plus, what’s sexier than a couple of drop dead gorgeous nerds? If they were really as smart as they appear to be, this duo would be hooking up in no time.
- Taylor Swift and Ashton Kutcher: No one gets any sweeter than cutie pie Taylor, who has a history of dating older men, such as Jake Gylenhaal and Jason Mraz. Ashton, eternally young at heart, could use a dose of youthful love after having spent seven years with the older Demi. Sharing a passion for creativity and fun, we think this couple would be a hit. Plus who wouldn’t love to hear Swift swoon over this goofy prankster?
- Courtney Love and Charlie Sheen – At one time, these two notorious party-goers would be a match made in Hollywood hell. However, they have both since cleaned up their acts, making personal pledges to their sobriety and health. Both have been through some crazy experiences, but since neither could judge the other for their pasts, they’d be able to forge a new, supportive future together free from guilt. Plus, a little monogamy would do the infamous Sheen some good, and Love deserves for her life to finally live up to her name
Cupid’s Pulse is a first-of-its-kind relationship site that takes the latest celebrity news and repackages it to help singles and couples navigate their love lives. What sets CupidsPulse.com apart from traditional gossip sites is its use of entertainment news as a catalyst to spark conversation about relationship topics such as marriage, divorce, pregnancy and being single, offering advice to those who may be in a similar situation as their favorite celebrity. The site gathers research and opinions from guest bloggers including: relationship psychologists, dating coaches, matchmakers, writers, authors and special celebrity guests who have their fingers on the pulse of love in today’s world.